Introduction To Careers In Computer Science
Are you aspiring to embark upon a range of careers in the broad IT and computing industry, which has an ever-growing demand for well-trained staff? If yes, at the university of Northampton, we have a long tradition of offering excellent Computer Science courses. You will get the lowdown on the benefits of studying a degree with us and how you can gain one-year paid placement in the UK, as well as the entry requirements and scholarships available.
The webinar will cover:
- A variety of pathways available to suit career interests, including network engineering, software engineering, Internet Technology and Security, web design and many more
- Rhe modules covering the latest trends and techniques, from AI to Cyber Security so you graduate with industry relevant knowledge
- 12 month paid work placement options and how we supported our students to gain graduate jobs with top employers such as Microsoft, IBM, Barclaycard, Network Rail, Oracle and HMGCC
- Develop the key skills essential for career enhancement and progression, including highly relevant vocational skills like CISCO, Microprocessors, O-O Programming and Prince2.
Who is it for?
Any Filipino students who are interested in studying an undergraduate and master’s degree in Computing in the UK but are unsure where to start. This would also be suitable for students are looking to start their career in computer science after graduation or current professionals who are looking for a step up in their careers.
Why should I go?
- To understand the benefits of studying an undergraduate degree and a master degree with one year work placement
- How UON support you in securing a paid work placement in the UK
- To find out how to apply for scholarships of up to 30%
University of Northampton's Recognition:
TEF GOLD – for UK’s best teaching quality (TEF)
1st - for overall satisfaction in the PRES (Postgraduate Research Experience Survey) for 2020
Top 20 – Northampton is voted top 20 places for best UK graduate job opportunities**
Why study a degree at University of Northampton
- Opportunity for 6 or 12-months paid work placement
- International study trips and industry events
- Generous International Scholarships of up to 30% applied automatically
- 1,000 International students from 140 + countries
- Graduate employability 93% or above for ten years running. †
- Overall living cost in Northampton is 50% lower than London*
- New city centre £330M campus just a short walk from the town’s Cultural Quarter
†HESA Destination of Leavers from Higher Education Survey (DLHE).
Dr. James Xue studied BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems from the University of Nottingham and obtained a First Class Honours degree in 2004. He then studied MSc and Ph.D. both in Computer Science at the University of Warwick in 2005 and 2006, respectively. Dr. Xue worked as Postdoc Researcher and Software Developer for University of Warwick and Cardiff University before joining the University of Northampton as a lecturer in 2010. Dr. Xue’s areas of interest include distributed systems; database technologies; data mining and applications; digital healthcare, etc.
Speaker: Dr. James Xue
Subject area: Computing/IT